Thursday, September 18, 2008

before and after

Since joining flickr, I've learned so MUCH about photography. I thought I was "pretty good" before. And I was pretty good, limited by equipment a bit, and I know I can do better. But I've learned so many things by just sitting and analyzing other ppl's photos. I find photos I like, and then deconstruct them in my head until I figure out how to do it myself - or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

I've been going back and re-doing some photos that I took years ago, with not as good of equipment as I have now, since I have discovered this photoshop on my computer, I've been messing with it, and editing pictures in both PSE and Paint shop pro both.

I find it amazing what you can do to make a photo look better.

So I'm showing you some befores and afters of pics I took of amber around 3 years ago.


Before
{I liked it before, in fact, one of my favs of the bunch}

After
{Much more awesome with the vingnette}

Before


After




Before


After
{see how her face/eyes just pop out at you now?}


Before
{horrible color - worthy of the trash can}


After
{completely acceptable}


No staying up late tonight. I've been doing that too much. I get off into flickr and then get captivated by something when I should be asleep.

Gene said there's been awesome fog every morning. Maybe I'll make it up in time to photograph it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails