Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Critter check

One of the cool things about living out here in the sticks, is that you get to see things that you don't see every day in the "big city". In fact, I saw something today that I've NEVER seen.


05-12-northernflicker



This is a northern flicker. I suppose there are people out here in the "country" that have seen this bird a million times. I, on the other hand, have never seen one.

Gene and I were sitting on the couch debating the role of Mary Magdalene in the life of Jesus Christ (no really), and something on the deck caught my eye. I stealth got up and found my camera and lens (because I leave them all over the place) and snuck a couple photos. Forgive me, as they were taken through glass - after a rain - so they aren't that great of quality of images.

And to top all that, I missed getting a pic of fox running through the field across the road today, because really, who takes their camera to the mailbox with them? (in the rain).

Did I mention it rained?
I'm sick of rain!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails