Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This could go on forever... for reals ppl, for reals...

wow.... We're home, finally. We were only gone about 3 days, but it felt like 12, especially sleeping in a different mattress that was surprisingly comfy for a motel 6, but not my mattress nonetheless.

I'm going to do one catch up post as there's just too much to post. I srsly had to start making a long list of things to catch up. Imagine 37 posts.... not good ppl. not good.




  1. I tried to update some via twitter while I was gone, I did see that I had some views to my twitter feed. Too bad the msgs I was sending with my photos didn't go through. Super randomness ensued.

  2. It's kinda sad when you are wondering what you're regular blogs are "doing" while you have no internet. I was wondering how Lolly's surgery and recovery went, and just found out Pioneer Woman is in NYC.

  3. When we got to Springfield, Gene took a nap, and TomTom and I went on an explore. I found one scrapbook store, but sadly, the other 2 from the very outdated yellow pages in the hotel, were closed :(



    05-27-clouds
  4. It was rainy and yucky most of the time we were gone, but that's ok because it wasn't too hot.


    05-27-sleepy


  5. We dropped the girls off on Monday around lunch time. I totally was expecting their other grandma, not their parents. I'm still cornfuzzled by that one. We literally got out of the car and did a hooray dance as they drove away. At least *we* thought it was funny.

    05-27-bye


  6. If you didn't figure it out, we ended up in Branson. All I really wanted was some time enjoying the outdoors, the lake, and taking some photos. It was harder than I thought it would be. IE: "The Landing". I'd heard ppl talk about it, but I'd never seen it. I didn't know where it was. That lake access that I enjoyed for 35 years, feeding the ducks and picnicking at the lake edge? Replaced. By concrete, a huge Hilton, and lots of corporate logos. *sniffles* I didn't even get out of the car I was so disgusted.



    05-27-boats
  7. Instead, we got kinda lost trying to find the dam. It used to be easy to get to, now there's so much down there, I get all turned around easily. We ended up at the lake at some private docks. We just decided to stowaway and came up with a plan to act like we were looking for someone there. Ooops.. wrong docks! lol. No arrests were made.

  8. We saw star trek while we were in Springfield. OMG. Awesomeness. It's basically the prequel to Star Trek, and how Kirk, Spock and the gang became the team they are, starting from birth. If you ever watched the original series more than 3 times, you'll probably like it. I was a Next Gen girl (and I nearly cried when they cancelled it!), I didn't watch the old ones as much, but even still, I got the references. Even the way that Kirk sat was the same. I was so proud of Leonard Nimoy for being part of this show. Years ago, he wrote a book, "I am not Spock". Years after that he wrote the book, "I am Spock". Thanks Spock for getting over it. You are awesome. I give this movie a 9.5. I only had one eyeroll, and because I can't remember what it was for, I'm only deducting a 1/2 point.

  9. I'm thinking of dying my hair a whole new color. I have been blond for 12 years. I'm thinking, dark, dark brown.

  10. We went many miles out of our way, to buy BBQ sauce from the nuns in Ft. Scott, KS. I don't even like it. Gene on the other hand, will be pouring it on his cereal in the morning.

  11. Killing time waiting for the movie, we went shopping at Battlefield Mall in Springfield. Ended up in a clothing store and wore the clothes right out of the store because my hubs loves me, and loves me in that skirt that I would have never bought had he insisted I put it on. sidebar: I totally wanted to do the Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman routine at Bath and Body Works because they totally ignored me and helped everyone around me like I was invisible. I was PEEVED when I left. We ran out of time and could not go back to give them an ear full. I spent that money at the clothes store again, and a scathing letter to corporate is probably in the works.



    05-27-wine
  12. We went to Stone Hill Winery for a tour and wine tasting. I'd never done it before, and just wanted to do something fun and different. Bad move. I now own 6 bottles of wine I didn't plan on buying. LOL. BTW, buy the Vignoles, omg. Just... O.M.G.
    PS, you could totally tell our guide was irritated on so many occasions. LOL. (someone doesn't love her job)


    05-27-cheese
  13. Speaking of over indulging, we stopped at Osceola Cheese on the way home. Between that and the wine, we spent 1/4 of our trip $$ in those 2 spots.

  14. Dominos pasta bread bowls. Mmmm. They are the DEVIL

  15. We came back through Warrensburg, not because it's the shortest route, but because that's the way Gene knows to go. Sometimes it's just easier to let it happen ppl.

  16. Antiquing in Southwest Missouri? Hit Nixa and Ozark. Skip Branson. Take an extra 2 days if you are a diehard.

  17. I admired Ambers sunglasses, she bought me a similar pair (good sister). Man, they are like wearing a welding mask, I should be able to watch sun flares with these things. I also expect this to take care of that annoying wrinkle that's worked it's way across the bridge of my nose.

  18. Arrived home to 2 starving cats and a knocked over trash can. You'd think we'd been starving them, but that's not the case. I heaped their catfood bowl before I left, which has worked in the past. Gastric bypasses for cats in order?

  19. Inappropriate alert: On the way down, we passed a woman with the license "Poohster", which btw, sounds totally like a euphemism for *the obvious*. That has been a source of entertainment for me 3 days. Somewhere along the line, that turned into "the oozy poohster". haha... Then, while in Branson, I saw a street sign for "Keeter St" which again, that one writes it's own jokes ppl. So now we have the oozy poohster and the itchy keeter. At the very least, it gave me a good reason to pinch Gene's butt way too much. "Poohster check!" haha.
    **Sorry, I've already started the trademark process**

    Come on ppl, Poohsters.... cheese... these jokes just write themselves.

Photo catch up tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails