Sunday, May 31, 2009

Empress update

I haven't updated about my empress trees lately, so decided to add a couple new pics.

I got a free one on Earth Day, and I planted it in a pot until it got a bit bigger (I'm scared someone will just mow it over!) In about 3 weeks, it's about doubled in size, as you can see from the photos below. It's added a ton of leaves to it since then.



One of my trees, I had to basically start over because I shocked it. It went back to almost nothing, and in about a month, it has overtaken this tree! It's bigger than this one at around 3 inches. I swear the other day it had to have grown a full inch. I was worried about it for a while, and then we had a really sunny day and BAM, he just sorta sprang up.

I've been chatting back and forth with one of my readers, and he said that he planted his in a 5 gallon bucket and while he was away on a trip, his grew 3 full inches. Mine are in just 6 quart pots so maybe I need bigger pots!? I'll give it a couple more weeks before I decide.

In the meantime, I'm going to buy some miracle gro.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails