Thursday, May 7, 2009

Robin Watch 2009 - Hell have no fury like a mamma Robin



4 days old



This is day 4. See how fast they are growing?! Day one they had just little pink nubbins for "wings" and now, 4 days later, they have little feathers popping out everywhere.

Isn't mother nature, an amazing woman?


This woman on the other hand has about had enough of me:

05-07-robin2



One of my readers told me about watching a robin attack a squirrel. I'm not really into being on the opposite end of a beak beating. I had one eye on the mamma and one on the babies. 3 pics and I was out because man was she cussing me!!

Sorry mamma, a couple more weeks and we'll part ways.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful photos, although I hadn't realized how ugly baby robins are!

Thanks to Ree for her "blogging college" posting for helping me find you!

Kathy

pinkfluffyicing.blogspot.com

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails