Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ode to the toilet

I'm glad I didn't promise I'd be back. :p

Tanner and I went on an explore today, while Gene started the finale of the plumbing. *get this*. We'll be able to pee in *two* bathrooms. No really I'm serious. :p Anyway, we hit some garage sales, which was a bust, and then head off to St. Joe where we picked up some ink for the printer, some paper, that I got an unexpected $10 off. (score), some mouse food and a new doornob for the bathroom.

Speaking of the bathroom door, it's almost done. All I have left to do, is to stain it and install the knob. Then fill the nail holes. I'm so proud of myself. I did it myself! It looks *so nice*. I also have the scrapbook room door almost trimmed out. I have one piece on the inside that I have to cut... AGAIN cuz I farked it up ... TWICE. LOL. Ooops.

I think next I'll tackle the trim around my scrapbook room window, to see how that looks then I'll move back to the bathroom. Hopefully gene will have the new vanity installed and I can finish up. Each little thing had to be done, before the next step could be done, and the door *HAD* to come first before the rest of the trim could come up. I've discovered that one of the walls in the bathroom is grossly unplumb. Bleh. It is behind the door, so it's not that noticable. I only noticed when I went to put the corner trim in, and there's a 1/4" gap at the bottom and 1/2" at the top. Oops. I also had to rip out a small strip of paneling behind the door because it was screwing up my door trim. That door trim took me the WHOLE DAY on friday, and I still didn't get it done.

Woke up last night to a thunderstorm, oh and Mr. Grumptacular pitching a bitch. Ugh. Didn't get back to sleep until 4:30 a.m. That SUCKED. I slept until 9:30 a.m.

I had to share this picture.

Every time we swim, we disrupt the little robin family in the tree about 15 feet away. Seems we spook him enough that he'll sit there for 45 min with a worm in his mouth patiently waiting for us to get out of the pool. Seems they're raising their brood kinda late. They need to hurry! Weather seems like it will be turning soon. (the corn is starting to die *insert really sad face here*).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails