Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stick around

I have been keeping the trees in the house because it has been snowing around these parts off and on. The last 3 snows we've said "well that's the last snow" and yet another blows in.

I'm now confident we'll be wearing snow boots for the July 4th celebrations :p

Saturday, I noticed a couple gnats around the trees, and well, I hate those buggers, so I decided I probably needed to let them get a bit of fresh air, and let whatever's in there to air out a bit.

I watered them, set them outside, and left them overnight.

Bad move there pedro.

I called them today, and they said that I did the right thing, that I probably shocked it. That the fact the base is still green is a good sign, that the real work is going on in the root system and that if I don't have growth in the next 4-8 weeks, to let them know and they'll replace the trees. I like good customer service!

I'll be repotting them into pots and keeping them babied a bit for a few more weeks before they go into the ground.

If you're visiting to see the trees, I'd love for you to click "follow me" on your right, and you'll be able to find me quicker. There's also an RSS feeder at the bottom right.

Please stick around to see my bumbling attempts at tree growing, photography, pretending like I'm a rancher, my terribly handsome husband, some scrapbooking, my pithy witticisms - my humor can be quite cutting (just ask my husband, poor fellow), and just living the good life out here in the country.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey Lana, this is Leslie from KY again. I planted my trees yesterday (Sat - Apr 18) and I took some photos as well. Unfortunately I am not nearly as web savvy as you are so I don't really have a weblog per se. I will upload the pics to my facebook page in am album titled Empress Trees (real original). LOL I hope yours do okay! I told my neighbor yesterday that I expected mine to surpass my height by June. (haha I was joking although they really do build them up on their website!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails